One of my pastimes while still living back in Ontario was playing in a hobby band we called the "Glam Grunge Gargoyles", a name one of our members came up with. I was going for the "Lazy Lounge Lizards", but self deprication took over, as gargoyles are uglier.
We weren't a serious gigging band; just a few old farts who love rock and roll and blues. We gathered weekly at Jorg's place (my next door neighbour at the time) for a meal, chat about the world and politics, then jam till we were tired... usually about 9 PM! ;-)
Our set list included tunes by the Eagles, Dire Straights, Jimmy Hendrix, JJ Cale, and other similar stuff. It was a blast, and we keep threatening to break the Internet by releasing our shit on YouTube! Lol...
I decided we should dress up like a real band and take a "promo" shot just for shits and giggles, and that's what you see here. So from left to right, the lineup goes:
- Jorg "The Chef" Graf on keys. Also supplier of 40% ABV concoctions.
- Wayne "Shakey" Dagenaise on keys and vocals, a professional gigging musician.
- Jim "The Dude" Hutchison on bass, who also works sound, vocal harmonizer, etc.
- Pete "Gramps" Bresnahan on vocals and electric guitar, supplier of the devil's lettuce.
- Walter "The Wall" Horn on acoustic guitar. No, he doesn't play horn.
- Alesis "Deaf'n Dumb" SR-Sixteen on drums. Off camera.
During the summer we'd open all the windows, so neighbours hung out to do some driveway dancing. The fun lasted about five years!
Here's a few YouTube videos of us doing our thing: